The Reading With Pictures Network is a group of friends, colleagues and supporters from backgrounds including: education, cartooning, writing, parenting and publishing among others. Our network provides access to our moderated forum; allows you to register for events, make contributions, apply for positions, share curriculum and other resources; and allows you to network with like-minded professionals. To register just provide your contact information, area of expertise and a password for your private use. Register Here. Already registered? Login here.
As a registered user:
- Your profile is password protected
- You have a personal account where you can update your profile, load a picture and change contact information as needed.
- You can control what content you would like shared with the network and what you would like kept private.
- You can sign up or opt out of our e-newsletter.
- You can access an up-to-date record of your purchases and financial contributions.
- You can manage your activities from volunteering, to attending events, to contributing educational materials.
- Participation is free.
We are featuring Dr. Katie Monnin, RWP supporter and Assistant Professor of Literacy at University of North Florida, who explains why we should Get Comics into Schools and Schools into Comics.
Voices From Our Network
- Learn what our friends, colleagues and supporters have to say about the hows and whys of using comics in the classroom.
- Watch Frick Weber’s Comic Book Storytellers.
2012 Volunteers & Contributors
Alice Meichi Li
Dr. David Rapp
Fred Van Lente
Dr. James Bucky Carter
Jennifer Kim, MA Ed.
Dr. Katie Monnin